Cinemagic to Reopen Some Movie Theaters 7/24/2020
Cinemagic announces plans to reopen some movie theaters on Friday, July 24 with additional theaters opening in the following weeks. Cinemagic will reopen with a slate of classic movies at a discount price starting July 24th and new releases to follow beginning with “Unhinged” on July 31st, “Tenant” and other anticipated titles to follow.
“We will be reopening some theaters July 24th with others to follow soon after,” said Cinemagic President Mark Adam. “We feel that opening with classic movies for $5 is the best way to welcome our guests back to Cinemagic and to start moving forward as we transition quickly back into showing first run feature films.”
Reopening plans include a wide range of new health and safety measures based on guidelines required by state government, the CDC and other public health organizations. The plan also includes measures based on feedback received from employees and moviegoers alike. Cinemagic will offer new contactless payment options and innovative sanitizing methods including:
- Contactless payment. We strongly urge our guests to download our APP and take advantage of contactless ordering and purchase tickets and concession foods and drinks in advance on the Cinemagic mobile App,
- Sanitizing Sprayers. Employees will sanitize every auditorium and seat prior to each scheduled movie using new sanitizing sprayer equipment. This form of deep sanitization is highly effective in disinfecting all materials with a non-toxic formula that is fast drying.
- Employees will sanitize high-contact points on an increased schedule and use floor markers throughout the building to assist with social distancing.
- Cinemagic employees will undergo daily health screenings.
- All employees will wear masks at all times and plexiglass shields will be placed at customer service points at the concessions stand.
- Social distancing will be required and monitored throughout the building and in all auditoriums requiring 6’ of space between immediate groups of movie goers and limiting the capacity in accordance with state guidelines
- Arcade games, vending machines, Self-service condiment stands and public water fountains will remain closed.
- Sanitizer dispensers will be available throughout the facility.
- We require all guests to wear a face mask or face covering while moving through the facility and while in our lobbies and restrooms. Guests may remove facemasks while seated in the auditoriums.
About Cinemagic Stadium Theaters
Cinemagic Stadium Theaters, a Zyacorp company, is a family-owned and operated regional theater chain that was founded in 1998. Serving communities in 3 states with 8 locations and 91 screens, Cinemagic provides patrons an array of amenities; IMAX, luxury seating, sensory & family friendly screenings, 3D and alternative content. Cinemagic is home to the only IMAX® locations in New Hampshire and Maine, at the Hooksett, NH and Saco, ME locations. Cinemagic theaters are also located in Portsmouth, NH; Merrimack, NH; South Portland, ME; Westbrook, ME; Salisbury, MA and Sturbridge, MA. For more information on Cinemagic download the free app available on the Apple and Google Play App stores or online at cinemagicmovies.com.